Position Vacancy Announcement
Executive Director – The Father’s Rights Movement
Position ID: FY2020.TFRM.ExeDir
TFRM seeks an Executive Director (ED) is the highest position within the organization, directing all operational, programmatic, and strategic activities.
The Father’s Rights Movement (TFRM)
The Fathers’ Rights Movement is a movement whose members, both men & women, are primarily interested in issues related to family law and child custody.
The Fathers’ Rights Movement is a movement whose members are primarily interested in issues related to family law, including child custody and child support that affect fathers and their children. Many of its members are fathers who desire to share the parenting of their children equally with their children’s mother – either after divorce or as unwed fathers. The movement includes women as well as men, often the second wives of divorced fathers or other family members of men who have had some engagement with family law.
TFRM’s mission includes bringing the community of fathers together as a unified social force aimed at restoring society’s ideals of the father and strengthening the connection each father has to their children. Please join us in carrying out our mission (https://fathersrightsmovement.us/).
Scope of Work
Posting Period 2 weeks
Type Part-time paid, independent contractor position (10 to 15 hours per week)
Remuneration The position is to be remunerated at a negotiable rate
The Executive Director (ED) will work closely with the Board to guide the organization in its journey from a movement to an organization. The ED will be in charge of leading the implementation of the 2021 to 2025 strategic plan (in progress). In collaboration with the Board, the ED will decide on the appropriate management and organizational structure for this new strategy. In practice, this means the ED is responsible for the overall day to day management of TFRM, and for the direct supervision of the team members named above. In addition, the ED will offer technical inputs to the Board of TFRM concerning governance. The ED role is a part-time paid position of indefinite duration.
Limits of Authority:
The ED will work closely with the members of the ExComm. In addition, The ED will have line management authority for all members of the ExComm as noted above. The ED will have full authority to make any decision deemed in the best interests of TFRM, in line with the Operational Delegation of Authority (ODOA). The ED is also a signatory on the TFRM operating bank account and has budget or fiscal authority in accordance with the approved Financial Delegation of Authority (FDOA). H/she serves as the leader of TFRM and as the principal figure representing the organization in all external dealings. The ED serves at the request of the TFRM Board of Directors and is responsible to the Board. The key relationships are with the President, the Legal Advisor, and the members of the ExComm. The detailed job description is presented below.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with Board on revision of 2021 to 2025 strategy
- Ensures participation of senior management in strategy planning processes
- Responsible to the board for TFRM’s overall performance
- Makes recommendations for new Board members as and where necessary
- Provides feedback as part of 360 processes on Board member performance
- Drives the creation of a TFRM-wide capacity development plan
- Ensures that ExComm members have the support they need to fulfil their JDs
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all TFRM policies
- Brings policies to the Board for review and update
- Provides key inputs into policy decisions
- Receives inputs from other ExComm members on ongoing risks
- Informs the Board on critical risks that need to be managed by the Board
- Works closely with the President to meet the financial needs of TFRM
- Serves as the key representative for TFRM with all strategic partners and donors
- Builds strategic partnerships with potential donors
- Identifies potential sources of funding for the organization
Human Resource Management
- Responsible for direct supervision of all ExComm members and Regional Managers
- Ensures that all HR policies meet TFRM needs and are effectively implemented
- Ensures the proper stewardship of the organization’s resources
- Drafts the annual operating budget for review by the Board
- Complies with all financial management policies
Knowledge Management & ICT
- Oversee development of platforms that allow TFRM to create, maintain, and share its learning
- Responsible for ensuring that TFRM has effective ICT systems in place
Admin & Procurement
- Ensures appropriate admin and procurement protocols are in place
- Approves the development and implementation of all projects and programs for TFRM
- Supports ExComm members to deliver existing projects and programs
- Provides key inputs into project and program development as an ExComm member
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensures that effective M&E mechanisms are in place to monitor the impact of TFRM’s work
- Works with ExComm to develop appropriate KPIs for TFRM’s work
Internal & External Communications
- Approves all internal and external communication protocols
- Models appropriate communication behavior to other staff
- Serves as the face of TFRM when communicating to any external stakeholders
- Oversees all marketing and branding efforts to ensure consistency with mission and vision
- Models appropriate use of TFRM branding and marketing materials
Competencies & Requirements:
- Post-graduate qualifications (M.A. or above) in a relevant field of study
- Basic grasp of the history of social change movements in the United States
- Extensive understanding of the challenges facing The Father’s Rights Movement
- Detailed knowledge of human resource, financial management, governance, change management, and strategic planning processes
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the non-profit sector especially in the field of social services
- Minimum 10 years’ experience serving in senior management within a non-profit organization
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in organizational governance, strategic planning, and organizational change
- Strong leadership and inspirational capacities to guide others
- High level communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholder groups
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to TFRM culture
- Demonstrated management skills and ability to work with senior leaders
- Proven ability at strategic thinking and operational planning
- Adept problem-solving skills and creative capacities
- Commitment to TFRM’s ethics and values
- Demonstrated commitment to the strategic direction of TFRM
- Patience to develop relationships with all TFRM staff
- Commitment to reflection and personal learning
- High standards of professionalism and integrity
- Commitment to teamwork, mutuality, and respect
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: Executive Director.
Vacancy closes July 2, 2020.
Due to the large number of inquiries we may receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you very much for your interest.
TFRM values and seeks diversity in our workforce.